[rescue] I see da lite

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Tue Feb 26 04:18:45 CST 2002

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 11:15:50PM +1300, Kenneth Dunn wrote:

> As I've never used a terminal server outside of the MS world what
> would I need to do to turn a a low end Pentium + Digiboard 8 port
> serial card into a terminal server ?

plug it in and turn it on? :)

> Getting the card working with Linux is a piece of cake. Cabling I
> can deal with. But what software to use ? Is there any source code
> that provides an easy to use interface + terminal emulation for
> up to 8 computers ?

minicom?  tip?  kermit?  take your pick.  any of those will do just fine.
nothing special needed.  now if you want to be able to telnet to a port to
get a console like most hardware consoles do, that's a different story.
i don't know what to recommend there, but it couldn't possibly be that hard
a thing to write if something doesn't already exist.

-brian

--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)