[rescue] I see da lite

Kenneth Dunn luser at xtra.co.nz
Tue Feb 26 04:34:03 CST 2002

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> > that provides an easy to use interface + terminal emulation for
> > up to 8 computers ?

> minicom?  tip?  kermit?  take your pick.  any of those will do just fine.
> nothing special needed.  now if you want to be able to telnet to a port to
> get a console like most hardware consoles do, that's a different story.
> i don't know what to recommend there, but it couldn't possibly be that hard
> a thing to write if something doesn't already exist.

Yeh, I want hot keyed software that will allow me to flick between
serial lines, scroll back buffer, and possibly provide different terminal
emulations. "The Plan" is to be able to use any of my computers from
any where in the house and via the Internet.

Serial lines I'm not too uncomfortable with, but coding terminal
emulation sounds like a nightmare. I just barely manage with curses.