[rescue] Re: Why .* sucks (was Re: FDDI card)

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Tue Feb 26 01:13:46 CST 2002

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 01:48:26AM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> One can always learn.

one can always add it to the insanely long list of things one wants to learn. :)

> > > http://www.lurkertech.com/lg/ will give you a good overview with regard to
> It covers most of the relevent technical details about video also.

ok, i've been reading it.  and i'm halfway through the discussion of frames and
fields.  i've learned an amazing amount about this in the first half of that
page.  i've also learned that i have a LOT to learn about this shit.

> Same thing that serial digital is used for I would imagine.  I'd have to do
> more research to be sure.  I don't know what it would be preferable.

just depends what the equipment you are hooking into uses i guess eh?

> Converters are available.  No reason to buy it, but if you wanted to, the
> converters for serial to parallel and vice versa are like $350 each
> (http://www.markertek.com/MTStore/product.CFM?BaseItem=SER-100E).  SDI to
> analog and vice versa and like $300 each (well, low end figure).  But, no
> reason to buy those when the Sirius can do the job.

i'd prefer to have the sirius do the job, but the chances that i can afford
the serial digital option might be low.  depends what they cost.

> > i would probably have a hard time runngin a service bureau since i don't even
> > really know what i'm doing. :)
>
> That's probably a boring thing to do anyway.  Better to actually create content
> in my book.

i would have to agree.

> Oh. Well, in that case, you should just need a straight through adapter from
> the BNC to RCA I believe.  Not sure where you would need to look to confirm
> that.

let me know.  soon i'll have the TV rolled into the computer room. ;)

-brian

--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)