[rescue] Computer trash

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Mon Feb 25 20:08:38 CST 2002

> Some companies evade their strict domestic laws by sending waste to
> countries with less strict laws or enforcement about imported waste.
> Helps the company bottom line, hurts the people and environment of the
> recipient country.  Is this good business?  Is this good international
> relations?

Some countries evade human rights scrutiny by sending unwanted citizens to
countries with less strict laws or enforcement about imported persons.  This
helps the coountry's political bottom line at home, but hurts the economy of
the recipient country.  Do we take any actions against them?  No.

It's an ugly view to take, but if foreign populaces poison their environment
and themselves by trying to make a buck, we really don't have the right to
critisize them unless we are prepared to take on their problems as our own
and pay to fix them.

In a nutshell, Don't complain about the dog doo in your neighbors front yard
unless you are willing to help him clean it up and train his dog.  It's his
lawn, not yours.

George