[rescue] Fry's

Iggy Drougge optimus at canit.se
Sun Feb 24 19:50:55 CST 2002

Patrick Giagnocavo skrev:

>On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 12:31:34AM +0100, Iggy Drougge wrote:
>>
>> But Kenneth, PCs are intended for running Windows.

>Running OpenBSD here just fine, thank you.

I could do that on my Amiga, too, but I'd never claim that it was intended for
that purpose.

>> I don't like PCs because they're ugly and abundant. They're CP/M machines
>> which have been given an unfortunate lease of life.

>I like Suns but not because of any snob appeal.  I like stuff that works.

Working is overrated.

>The most beautifully designed stuff IMHO is SGI stuff.  Too bad I
>can't use it for all my colocation clients, since multiple customers
>share the boxes (usually) and there are too many local exploits under
>IRIX.

SGI is the closest thing to an acceptably modern UNIX-based environment I've
seen.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

A liberal is someone too poor to be conservative, and too rich to be a
communist.