[rescue] Fry's

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Feb 25 09:29:06 CST 2002

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 02:50:55AM +0100, Iggy Drougge wrote:

> >The most beautifully designed stuff IMHO is SGI stuff.  Too bad I
> >can't use it for all my colocation clients, since multiple customers
> >share the boxes (usually) and there are too many local exploits under
> >IRIX.
>
> SGI is the closest thing to an acceptably modern UNIX-based environment I've
> seen.

I like SGI hardware, but next to NetBSD and Linux, all the commercial unixes
feels backwards and pathetic (at least from the userland point of view).  Of
course, you can install your own userland components, but most systems I've
worked on, the admins feel like being purists and running the defaults.

--
Joshua D. Boyd