[rescue] FDDI card

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Sun Feb 24 01:09:36 CST 2002

On Sat, 2002-02-23 at 12:29, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On February 23, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > Yes, my 3coms generally just work under linux, but again they are all
> > ethernet.  What is better than 3com for ethernet (really, I want to
> > know)?
>
>   Any of the DEC Tulip-based cards will kick the shit out of pretty much
> anything else, from what I've seen.

I'll second that.  I've not done any real world studies, but I spent a
couple of weeks reading the Linux and BSD drivers, and some of the
manuals I could get for the Tulip cards, and they're really nice.
Unfortunately, I can't find anybody who has a really good
return/replacement policy on cards who uses the tulip chipset.  I sent
back an Intel PCI 10Mbit card recently, and since they didn't make that
anymore, the sent me one of their nice "server" cards, with a bunch of
neat tricks built in.  (PeeCee Wake on Lan, that sort of thing)
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.