[rescue] FDDI card

Stephen Worotynec sgw at vex.net
Sun Feb 24 10:58:23 CST 2002

Very interesting...

What I have seen is that the DEC DE500 card is indeed a fantastic
performer, but in a Linux box connecting to a Cisco Catalyst 4000 or 5000
switch, the Tulip driver has some quirks. The machine must be set to
100/fd, and the switch to auto to achieve 100 full-duplex. Setting both to
auto or both to 100 full-duplex won't work. Further, if the switch is
reset, the Linux machine may lose the settings.

Neither BSD/OS nor FreeBSD with the DE500 have any of these issues.

Stephen Worotynec