[rescue] Grrr.... GTK+

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Feb 15 12:14:45 CST 2002

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 04:50:40PM +0000, Alistair MacDonald wrote:
> I always figured it was Solaris ....
>
> The question is, what is the "right place". If this was a typical install then
> the glib would be in /usr/local, but, of course, Solaris doesn't look in
> /usr/local/lib for its libraries.
>
> Someone probably knows how to make this work "the right way", but I always
> just gave up and either set LD_LIBRARY_PATH or symlinked the library into
> /usr/lib or /usr/openwin/lib

If you don't like the symlinked or LD_LIBRARY_PATH method, you could have
just done a ./configure --prefix=/usr to glib and gtk, then run the make
install again.  Then, no need to tamper with the other stuff.  I personally
prefer having most (sometimes I get lazy and don't enforce it) software that
I installed myself go into /usr/local rather than /usr though.

--
Joshua D. Boyd