[rescue] Grrr.... GTK+

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Fri Feb 15 11:06:37 CST 2002

If it's solaris, I just change /var/ld/ld.config to look something like:

DD/usr/lib:/opt/sfw/lib:/opt/SUNWspro/lib:/opt/lib:/opt/ssl/lib:/usr/local/lib:/
usr/openwin/lib:/usr/dt/lib

You can use crle to do this.  Works like a charm, even when
LD_LIBRARY_PATH was failing for some reason with smbclient and
libreadline.so.4.

Andrew

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Alistair MacDonald wrote:

> Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:50:40 +0000
> From: Alistair MacDonald <AlistairMacDonald at economist.com>
> To: rescue at sunhelp.org
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Grrr.... GTK+
>
> I always figured it was Solaris ....
>
> The question is, what is the "right place". If this was a typical install then
> the glib would be in /usr/local, but, of course, Solaris doesn't look in
> /usr/local/lib for its libraries.
>
> Someone probably knows how to make this work "the right way", but I always
> just gave up and either set LD_LIBRARY_PATH or symlinked the library into
> /usr/lib or /usr/openwin/lib
>
> Alistair

> I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but is GTK+ just incredibly
> stupid, or am I missing something?
>
> I was figuring I might do some playing with GNU Smalltalk, and it mentioned
> it CAN be compiled against GTK+... I figured, "why not?".
>
> Here's what I get when ./configure bombs out:
>
> checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.8... no
> *** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
> *** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
> *** that the run-time linker is not finding GLIB or finding the wrong
> *** version of GLIB. If it is not finding GLIB, you'll need to set your
> *** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point
>
> --
>
> Now...  glib is already installed, in the right place.  Should I REALLY

Andrew J. Weiss