[rescue] Grrr.... GTK+

Alistair MacDonald AlistairMacDonald at economist.com
Fri Feb 15 10:50:40 CST 2002

I always figured it was Solaris ....

The question is, what is the "right place". If this was a typical install then
the glib would be in /usr/local, but, of course, Solaris doesn't look in
/usr/local/lib for its libraries.

Someone probably knows how to make this work "the right way", but I always
just gave up and either set LD_LIBRARY_PATH or symlinked the library into
/usr/lib or /usr/openwin/lib

Alistair

>>> kurt at csh.rit.edu 15/02/2002 16:25:48 >>>
I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but is GTK+ just incredibly
stupid, or am I missing something?

I was figuring I might do some playing with GNU Smalltalk, and it mentioned
it CAN be compiled against GTK+... I figured, "why not?".

Here's what I get when ./configure bombs out:

checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.8... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding GLIB or finding the wrong
*** version of GLIB. If it is not finding GLIB, you'll need to set your
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point

--

Now...  glib is already installed, in the right place.  Should I REALLY