[rescue] desperately need a window manager

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.Helsinki.FI
Fri Feb 8 14:53:57 CST 2002

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 03:31:46PM -0500, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> > >*puke*
> > Its a joke man.
>
> I have finally been using some newer window managers, but few
> are as ultra-configurable as twm.  I've seen so many people dismiss
> it as ugly, but guess what... most of that can be configured away.
> It's just that so few read the manpages for window managers....

Well, it's Xt so you have all those resources etc.
And looking at Xaw3d and NeXTaw, it's quite wrappable =)

I really hate to see stuff like this go away. I love X, I love
resources, I love rcfiles, I love standard switches (-geometry, -display
etc).. the whiole deal.

I've been playing with Motif and zsh. They are quite light and snappy on
today's machines even if that few megabytes was considered to be "an
absolute pig" (don't remember who said that, STR if you will) in the
past. It's actually pretty sleek on even the SS1+ and that's a stretch
=)

I do miss virtual desktops. It's either a screen full of little windows,
all alike or Windos-like switching.
--
>In herding sheep[2], you are expected to exploit the fact that they are
>intelligent, well-meaning creatures.		-- Jahn Rentmeister
Ah, are we thinking of the same animals here? You know, woolly white
animals, traditionally served with mint jelly?	-- Lionel (in Monastery)

[demime 0.99c.1 removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]