[rescue] desperately need a window manager

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Fri Feb 8 14:56:37 CST 2002

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Julius Sridhar wrote:

> My favorite is CTWM.
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

Quartz or OPENSTEP's Display Postscript WM

:-)

for X I'd have to say Windowmaker+GNUSTEP

I think both OpenLook and TWM are ugly and retro.  They look like GUI's
designed by "text" people.  I like plain text and beautiful graphics but
not a bastardized melding of the two.  I also don't like Athena widgets...
gag.

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.