[rescue] desperately need a window manager

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Fri Feb 8 14:00:13 CST 2002

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 02:45:11PM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> Let me know if you ever figure out how.

i have a Belkin adapter that does 13w3-db15 as well as sun keyboard/mouse to
ps2 keyboard and mouse.  but i don't know if it'll work in that direction, i
think it's to put a PC keyboard/mouse/monitor on an older sun.

> > windowmanager.  this is the killer.  i LOVE OpenLook Virtual Window Manager.
> > i don't like this big chunky Motif thing.  any suggestions?
>
> You might be able to get the source to compile.  I used to have it working
> under linux, so it is at least a little bit portable.

i'm going to look at that when i get a chance.  i'm going to build mutt as an
acid test and see how i do.

> Are you using gcc, or did you also get MIPSpro?

i don't know.  where would i look for MIPSpro?  also, i only see gcc-3 on
freeware.sgi.com.  i don't really want 3 do i?  i probably want 2.95.3, but
where do i get binaries?  or should i build 2.95.3 with 3?

> Maybe you can just beef up the existing fans?

that's a thought.

-brian