[rescue] desperately need a window manager

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Feb 8 13:45:11 CST 2002

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 02:26:06PM -0500, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> keyboard.  it's PC style, i don't like it.  any recommendations on a good
> PS/2 keyboard that i may like?  what i'd really like to do is get my Sun
> Type5c hooked up.  that would own.

Let me know if you ever figure out how.

> windowmanager.  this is the killer.  i LOVE OpenLook Virtual Window Manager.
> i don't like this big chunky Motif thing.  any suggestions?

You might be able to get the source to compile.  I used to have it working
under linux, so it is at least a little bit portable.

> other than that, i can't wait to get this thing hookup up with software.
> so far freeware.sgi.com is doing me good, except i'm going to have to roll
> my own mutt so that i can build in IMAP support.

Are you using gcc, or did you also get MIPSpro?

> ok, there we go:
>
> http://www.4amlunch.net/Octane

I'm getting a 404 error.

> i don't have the third head on since i don't have room on this table really
> and i'm NOT putting the Octane on this dirty ass floor.  plus, the guy i
> got it from said that SGI does not recommend putting three SI cards in the
> Octane do to overheating issues.  so where do i stick the extra fans so i
> can get three heads going and not have to worry about heat?

Maybe you can just beef up the existing fans?

--
Joshua D. Boyd