[rescue] desperately need a window manager

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Feb 8 14:18:08 CST 2002

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 03:00:13PM -0500, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> > Are you using gcc, or did you also get MIPSpro?
>
> i don't know.  where would i look for MIPSpro?  also, i only see gcc-3 on
> freeware.sgi.com.  i don't really want 3 do i?  i probably want 2.95.3, but
> where do i get binaries?  or should i build 2.95.3 with 3?

You have to purchase it from SGI.  I think it is $600.  The binaries are
supposed to be far faster, especially for floating point stuff.  DaveM
probably knows more about the specifics than I do.

> > Maybe you can just beef up the existing fans?
>
> that's a thought.

Just be carefull.  On older SGIs, tampering with airflow was asking for
burnt parts.  I don't know if the tolerences have improved on newer machines.

--
Joshua D. Boyd