[rescue] Personal Progressions

wlewis at mailbag.com wlewis at mailbag.com
Wed Feb 6 14:12:20 CST 2002

>On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 07:02:55PM +0000, wlewis at mailbag.com wrote:
>> "Still on the Need to Get List": any one of: 3/150, 3/160, 3/260, 4/110ME,
>> 4/150M, 4/260, 4/330, or 4/370 as they are the machines that Symbolics
>> certified the UX400 and UX1200 to work on under SunOS 4.1.
>
>Does that mean that you have one or both of those cards in need of a good
>home?
>
>Do you have a VME cage?  I have a two sets of spare VME cards that should
>meet your needs, except I don't have any spare SCSI cards.  If you could
>find one of those...  I'll probably have a spare VME cage in the not to
>distant future, I hope.
>
>--
>Joshua D. Boyd

No, I don't have any of it yet :< Last I asked (less than a year ago),
Symbolics still had a few UX400's and Genera 8.3 for $500 which causes my wife
to wince too much. OTOH, I'm saving my pennies and looking for the cage and
various cards.

My guess is that the 6 slot cage with a 4/3xx cpu (doesn't that include SCSI
and ethernet?), a memory board, and  a CG card of some sort would make a nice
little home for the UX board. Now just to get it all in one place...

William