[rescue] Re: I joined the SGI cult... Zeitnet anyone?

Joshua Johnston flagg at midmaine.com
Mon Feb 4 09:19:22 CST 2002

I don't know the technical reasons why the corrode off the top of my
head, but I do recall that being one of the few "Hey, I didn't know
that." Bits from my A+ study guide last year.  Something to do with the
electricity causing some kind of reaction between the metals or some
stuff like that.  If the tin's on the motherboard side, I'd play it
safe.  If on the RAM, well... depends on the price of replacing it in
five or ten years, which I'd guess people on -this- list might actually
care to think about.

- Josh