[rescue] Re: I joined the SGI cult... Zeitnet anyone?

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.Helsinki.FI
Mon Feb 4 08:43:45 CST 2002

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 11:30:18PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On February 3, Robert Novak wrote:
> > > I was assumeing someone would mention this, but They Must Be Gold Plated
> > > leads...  As I understand it the sockets will degrade very rapidly if you
> > > use the normal tin lead simms.
> >
> > Yeah, I found the memory specs before I posted my inquiry. I may have to
> > break down and get a semi-official kit, as I have mostly tin.

If the connectors on the board are golden, on what unearthly logic would
tin cause them to corrode?
The SIMMs might deteriorate double-speed (which is not much) and some of
that oxide stick, but still sounds like a warning that has suffered the
changes rumors tend to get.

--
In Tenneesee it is illegal to shoot any game other than whales from a
moving automobile.