[rescue] Re: I joined the SGI cult... Zeitnet anyone?

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Mon Feb 4 09:23:59 CST 2002

>I don't know the technical reasons why the corrode off the top of my
>head, but I do recall that being one of the few "Hey, I didn't know
>that." Bits from my A+ study guide last year.  Something to do with the
>electricity causing some kind of reaction between the metals or some
>stuff like that.  If the tin's on the motherboard side, I'd play it
>safe.  If on the RAM, well... depends on the price of replacing it in
>five or ten years, which I'd guess people on -this- list might actually
>care to think about.

Umm... the A+ test is *FULL* of myths and other half/0% truths.
unless there's someone who's a trained chemist who can state
authoritatively either way we'll go with the "proof from experience"
method.  I've *NEVER* seen any kind of problem from gold/tin
interactions even in 10-15+ year old machines.  I'm sure other people
have older machines with simms but I don't think its makes that much
of a difference.

daniel