[rescue] Re: I joined the SGI cult... Zeitnet anyone?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Feb 3 22:30:18 CST 2002

On February 3, Robert Novak wrote:
> > I was assumeing someone would mention this, but They Must Be Gold Plated
> > leads...  As I understand it the sockets will degrade very rapidly if you
> > use the normal tin lead simms.
>
> Yeah, I found the memory specs before I posted my inquiry. I may have to
> break down and get a semi-official kit, as I have mostly tin.

  I've been using run-of-the-mill tin-leaded SIMMs in two I^2 machines
over the past four years.  No problems yet.  YMMV.

> Still trying to figure out the ATM(?) card and how to get at the cards. :)

  I assume you've gotten the top cover off?  If not, remove it.  If
you can't figure that part out, you suck. ;)

  There's a flip-down metal door over the cards.  Grab the horizontal
part of the door (the part that's folded over and about 5/8" wide) and
lift it slightly.  Now fold the whole door down.

    -Dave

--
Dave McGuire