[rescue] Re: More EBay stupidity

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Fri Aug 30 06:53:30 CDT 2002

Gavin Hubbard wrote:

> Of course I may be wrong - perhaps the system had a cracked mainboard, or
> perhaps the system had irrepairable damage etc. If that is the case, I
> apologise. But if he _has_ killed a working system then I stand behind my
> original assertion.

Gavin:

I agree with you, that from the tone of the listing it sounds like he knows
nothing about Sun equipment. This doesn't make him a moron, it just makes him
ignorant about a particular type of system. As far as killing a working
system, I don't have a problem with that. In fact I have a few SS1000's here
that I will be parting out soon. I have basically 2 reasons for this, first
is that I plan on taking as much as I can from these systems to build a maxed
out one for myself (I currently have a SS1000 mostly maxed out, but it needs
more memory, when I'm done, my system will be a SS1000E), and a friend who
helps me out quite a bit (he also has a 1000E that could use some bits). The
second reason, sadly is the fact that in today's market (at least on ebay
where I do my selling) the parts for a 1000 will bring more as parts than as
a whole system. But the good news is that as I usually try to sell whole
systems on ebay, when I'm parting out the 1000's I will offer the parts to
list members here first, and then to ebay with whatever is left over. :)

-Mike