[rescue] Difference between OEM and Retail

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Fri Aug 30 07:46:09 CDT 2002

	My understanding had always been that OEM does not have manufacture
support. I am confident that the Adaptec one does not. Usually OEM has only
a 90 day warranty while retail box usually is 3 years. I went through the
same thing when I got my 39160 card two years ago. I also needed the
included software (OEM does not have easy scsi etc. included) and the cables
at the time so it made getting the retail box a no brainer.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org
http://www.whro.org