[rescue] 3 O2s

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Aug 16 01:12:13 CDT 2002

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 09:06:08AM +0300, Harri Haataja wrote:

> And an R10k or 12k won't be as fast as they are in other systems. They
> just don't mix very well.

What I want to know is which is faster.  A headless r10k o2, or a
headless r10k Indigo2, disk speed, ram capacity, and CPU clock held
constant of course.  We all know that the r10k Octane is best of all.
Faster ram, faster scsi, etc.

I seem to love the O2 more than anyone else here.  But if anyone would
ask me, I'd tell them, "Unless you are intent on getting and using
the O2 AV module, an Octane will serve you better for barely anything
more."

Ideally, I'd have several of both machines.

--
Joshua D. Boyd