[rescue] DNS Client

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 16 01:08:56 CDT 2002

Did the install *ask* you for a default route address? If not, where
did you assume it would come up with one? ;^)

You can actually add the /etc/defaultrouter file *during* the install,
by opening up a second window/shell on the box and adding the file
before it attempts to resolve the DNS info entered...

I usually forget and add it after the fact 8^)

Lionel

--- Rick Hamell <hamellr at heorot.1nova.com> wrote:
> 	Thanks all for the help... for some reason the default install
> didn't create a /etc/defaultrouter. Once I did manually, everything
> works perfectly!

=====
Lionel

"I sense a disturbance in my pants!" - Jimmy Neutron

ARGUMENTS:
A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com