[rescue] DNS Client

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Thu Aug 15 02:27:36 CDT 2002

[ On Wednesday, August 14, 2002 at 22:18:53 (-0700), Rick Hamell wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: [rescue] DNS Client
>
> 	Thanks all for the help... for some reason the default install
> didn't create a /etc/defaultrouter. Once I did manually, everything works
> perfectly!

Well, "Duh"  :-) :-) :-)

I though you'd said you could ping your nameservers by IP#, just that
DNS queries weren't going out to the network?

Always always always try 'ping -n' to the nameservers given in
/etc/resolv.conf whenever you suspect DNS problems!  :-)

(and for slysdexic typists of numbers (esp. IP#s) like me, it's best to
cut&paste them too, or even to write a one-line sed or awk script to
grab them out of the file -- you can never be too sure! :-)

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>