[rescue] Re: E6000 followup

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Wed Aug 14 03:10:03 CDT 2002

Hi Lads

I checked out the three E3000 machines today. What a let down.

The first had 3 x 250MHz, 2 x 4.2GB, 1GB, CD + tape
The second had 2 x 168Mhz, 6 x 2.1GB, 1GB, CD + tape
The third had 2 x 168MHz, 6 x 2.1GB, 256MB, CD + tape

So much for my initial guess (4 x 250MHz)! Still, at least they all boot.
I'll try and pick them up for even less now I know what they are (aiming
for ~200USD each now).

Has anyone else seen the following EBay auction? I was surprised to find
that 250/4MB modules are only 25USD each in quantities of ten. Anybody know
a place to get a couple of cheap 2600 series CPU/RAM boards? (I can't
afford later cards e.g. 2602)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2043502672

Regards,

Gavin