[rescue] Apple Emac is Shit

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 12 09:24:56 CDT 2002

OK, I think I got it.

The thermo sensor is near the top of the box, so blowing downward provides
air to the sensor that hasn't been heated by the internals yet. Having a
sensor near the top of a convection cooled enclosure makes sense as that
would be the hottest place.

Never having seen the inside of a cube I wouldn't know, but you might find
there are airflow issues when blowing down. Its possible that Apple provided
venturi shapes/etc. to assist convection flow.

Of course I'm making massive assumptions here based on good design ideas.