[rescue] FDDI in the real world babble

Jochen Kunz jkunz at maja.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Aug 7 04:28:55 CDT 2002

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 04:45:50AM -0400, Michael Schiller wrote:

> Currently I'm running FDDI to most of my machines via
> SAS & a concentrator. Would it make any speed difference if I replaced
> all my SAS cards with DAS cards, and got rid of the concentrator?
It makes no difference in speed if you use DAS cabling or SAS with
a concentrator. With DAS you have a "explicite" (double) ring
typology. With SAS and a concentrator you have "implicite" ring
typology, as the concentrator connects all the stations internaly
to a ring. And you can mix DAS and SAS cabling.
--

tsch,
         Jochen