[rescue] Yeah, it was an old post (Sun keyboards / Mac), but....

Daniel Hinder solios at secretaboutbox.com
Mon Aug 5 04:45:39 CDT 2002

.... I came into a pile of Sun Ray 1 systems and tried out the Type 6
keyboards with systems running classic and OS X, on blue and white g3s
(upped to g4s) and on a Pismo series laptop.

They like the mice- though the mac doesn't seem to know what to do with the
middle button and doesn't use the right in classic.  The keyboard works,
though 9 and X interpret the layout differently, everything seems to Just
Work.  Heck, the little moon key even does the power on/off thing. :D

My only issue is primarily cosmetic- the Mac in general sneezes at the extra
keys on the board.  9 thinks they're function keys, X thinks they're A (that
left row) and s/d/f (the volume and brightness adjustments next to the moon
key), compose is dead... and I've scoured the net to see if there's a damned
keyboard map or driver available in order to use Sun keyboards on Macs to
their fullest extent.  I'm curious if anyone who responded to your post
mentioned anything of the sort?

==

Daniel Hinder
Web and Graphic Designer