Tonnage [was: Re: [rescue] Free Stuff]

Michael Hansen n7pgz at eudoramail.com
Mon Aug 5 03:22:15 CDT 2002

>>FREE:
>
>Of all of this stuff (I mean jeez! a _rare_ Mac NuBus combo Enet card can
>fit _anywhere_!..no need to toss THAT!) ..of

Since my only remaining NuBus Mac is a Quadra
840av with built-in AAUI, I don't have a use
for this card. Since they are rare, I would
prefer that someone else have it so it won't
just sit a box.

all his stuff I do feel for
>his parents about.. its the :
>
>>-Collection of strange/excess RS-232 cables
>>and DB-9/25 to RJ-11/45 adapters
>

>I am always amazed at HOW MANY FRIGGING TONS boxes of abused, tangled
>useless unidentifed cables can weigh!!  too heavy to lift sometimes..

Yeah. the box is kinda heavy. Most of it isn't
abused, though. Surprisingly little is tangled.
I guess I should fish out the potentially
useful stuff and list it individually,
then take all the rest to RE-PC for "recycling"

The RJ-45/RJ-11 to DB-9/DB-25 stuff is light.
Some of it could be useful for serial console
stuff.

There are a few things I forgot actually:

-Epson wide-carriage printer complete with
a stack of 11x17 green-bar fanfold paper

-Cisco SAS FDDI sbus adapter (couldn't find
drivers, which was probably why I got it for
free in the first place)

-2x USAF surplus RF amplifiers for 4-8 GHz.
exact PEP Wattage unknown, but from the
fuse rating, I would estimate 50 to 100 Watts
RF out. Has N-type connectors. Uses tubes.
19" rack-mountable, takes 3 EIA rack units.
Together, they easily outweigh a 670MP with drives.

The following is already spoken for:
-the DAWN VME adapter
-the GP2
-the Mitsubishi monitor