[rescue] Long network paths

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at bfr.co.il
Tue Aug 6 07:07:40 CDT 2002

Tim H. wrote:

> allow me to start streaming TV around the
> house on the network, and that hasn't happened yet.  I would need
> something which would allow me to remotely select multiple Video sources
> (Satellite, DVD, VCR), capture that stream, then something to view it
> on.

No, what WE need you to do is to take the output of your sattelite receiver,
compress it on the fly to something reasonable and then let you "friends"
on the other side of the world get it over their internet connections.

:-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson
Bloomberg L.P., BFM (Israel) 2 hours ahead of London, 7 hours ahead of New York.