[rescue] *BSD on Sparc?

Alex White meltie at myrealbox.com
Sat Aug 3 19:27:16 CDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-08-04 at 01:22, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 01:16:15AM +0100, Alex White wrote:
>
> > Well, i've got one that I can easily loan out to any NetBSD developer in
> > London that is willing to port. David Brownlee springs to mind as the
> > only london NetBSD guy I know...
>
> >From my understanding, it would need to be a two person effort, with
> one person not in the US.  One person would need to reverse
> engineer the machine and write up specs for it (this person is the one
> who can't be in the US), and then the other would need to port based
> on those specs.  I believe that in many countries, disassmebling the
> kernel to get the hardware specs is acceptable.  Just not sure which
> countries.

There's zilch documentation on the internals of these things? Wow.
Explains the lack of a port easily though. Well, the offer stands. Loan
of an SGI Indigo+mon/keyb/mouse to a NetBSD developer who'll port, in
London or Manchester, UK.

Alex
--

Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.