[rescue] *BSD on Sparc?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat Aug 3 19:22:00 CDT 2002

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 01:16:15AM +0100, Alex White wrote:

> Well, i've got one that I can easily loan out to any NetBSD developer in
> London that is willing to port. David Brownlee springs to mind as the
> only london NetBSD guy I know...

>From my understanding, it would need to be a two person effort, with
one person not in the US.  One person would need to reverse
engineer the machine and write up specs for it (this person is the one
who can't be in the US), and then the other would need to port based
on those specs.  I believe that in many countries, disassmebling the
kernel to get the hardware specs is acceptable.  Just not sure which
countries.

--
Joshua D. Boyd