OH YEA??? [was: Re: [rescue] Ultra?]

Koyote koyote at koyote.cx
Sat Aug 3 00:52:15 CDT 2002

> Ahh, I see...  Well, this means that you are obviously not one of "The
> Faithful".  As a confirmed SCSI/SMP Zealot of the first water, *I* suffer
> extreme pain if I am even in the presence of an U5 or U10 with a non-SCSI
> drive in it.  To touch such an unclean machine would surely result in my
> death.
> In fact, even *typing* the letters I D & E consecutively makes my fingers
> bleed and my ears break out in a painful rash.
>  </sarcasm>

Hehehehe- I'm not a fan of the way sun has handled IDE- IDE is bad enough without having the machine freeze while disk gets accessed. So, yeah- it's annoying that sun didn't do ide "right". I have to say that- for a workstation with a lot of stuff on nfs, the u10 does outperform the u1/170/e. I will also not that my mailserver is an ultra1, not an ultra10. One size never fits all, which is the biggest mistake- IMO- of the linux movment.

/ramblerant

-C