OH YEA??? [was: Re: [rescue] Ultra?]

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Sat Aug 3 00:44:27 CDT 2002

> > Save yourself a lot of heartburn.
> > a. stick with the SS10's or get yourself an Ultra1...
>
> Let me clarify a bit:
>
> a: I have a few ultra1s, and an ultra10 (with scsi) as well as
> LX/ss5/ss10/ss20 machines.
>
> b: I've used an ultra5 as a workstation for a job, and it wasn't
> necessariyl any more or less paiful than running an ultra1 for a
> workstation. I't snot the greatest box on the planet, by far. But it isn't
> really The Kiss Of Death or anything.

Ahh, I see...  Well, this means that you are obviously not one of "The
Faithful".  As a confirmed SCSI/SMP Zealot of the first water, *I* suffer
extreme pain if I am even in the presence of an U5 or U10 with a non-SCSI
drive in it.  To touch such an unclean machine would surely result in my
death.
In fact, even *typing* the letters I D & E consecutively makes my fingers
bleed and my ears break out in a painful rash.
 </sarcasm>

   (  :
George