[rescue] New worm?

Mike Meredith rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 22 08:07:29 CDT 2001

On Thursday 20 September 2001 06:06, you wrote:
> > I don't know why these virus/trojan/worm writers don't just write a
> > really good one that totally obliterates ever M$ server into the
> > ground and be done with it.  <<clip>>  I know -- reinstall
> > FreeBSD on it from the network!  ;-)
>
> heh heh, or if you really wanted to do some damage, a non-slackware
> Linux. <ducking>

A couple of good things about Nimda from my point of view :-

* The evaluation of Exchange is now very definitely on hold, and could
  well stay there pernamently.

* People using Outlook have been told to stop using it, or they'll
  have their connections yanked.

The network manager keeps pointing east and saying "See what happens
when you use Microsoft products" (there's a University down the road
that's almost totally off the net).

> On another note, (a rescue) I just got done installing 6.5.11 in my
> recently resurrected Onyx.  Anyone know where to install the cool
> paper-airplane demo from? I wanna try out the RE2 in this baby... The
> GL screensavers are like silk!

Don't know about the paper airplane demo, but if you haven't already
had a look, there should be some demos associated with the IRIS
Performer stuff which comes with the full IRIX CD set. Some of those
demos could be interesting.