[rescue] New worm?

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 22 11:52:20 CDT 2001

[ On Saturday, September 22, 2001 at 14:07:29 (+0100), Mike Meredith wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] New worm?
>
> The network manager keeps pointing east and saying "See what happens
> when you use Microsoft products" (there's a University down the road
> that's almost totally off the net).

Yeah -- heard on the news the other day that the New Brunswick
provincial government told all employees to basically turn off their
computers "until the problem can be dealt with".  :-)

They've got their web site (www.gov.nb.ca) back online, apparently still
running IIS, but I don't know if they've got their internal mail servers
back online yet.  They are running the Norton AntiVirus gateway on their
public interfaces....

What an enormous waste for taxpayers who aren't generally all that well
off in the first place.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>