[rescue] ksh q... the bash

linc rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 21 13:08:42 CDT 2001

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> > Hey now, BASH is a great shell to work with!
>
> Yeah, if you like using buggy software for one of your most important
> programs.   (When I'm forced to use Linux systems without ash or pdksh
> installed I have to be very careful what I do -- I can't count the
> number of times I've had my login bash core dump and drop me off the
> system in a flash with no warning.)

I would bet you are full of crap.  I have been using Linux non-stop now
for 3 years on *several* different machines *and* archetectures and not
once have I even seen this happen let alone have it happen to me.  Then
again, maybe you are right and just had a complete weenie that installed
the OS...  I *have* seen that before :-)

-Linc.

--
  2:04pm  up 39 days,  7:28,  6 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 0.93