[rescue] Interesting SGI rescue opportunity.

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 13 23:53:25 CDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 08:55:22PM -0700, Robert Novak wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I saw an interesting rescue opportunity on ebay tonight while browsing
> some of my bookmarked sellers:
>
> 	http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1274945494
>
> Ten SGI Indigo R4Ks in a batch, sans disk, buy-it-now of $700.

I don't know if that would really be worth it at a price of $70
apiece.  If no disk, then you probably need to locate the drive sleds
as well.

Today, I received via UPS my Indigo2, Solid Impact/R10k-195Mhz-1MB L2
cache machine, with 4GB HDD, 128MB RAM and 6.5.10 or 12 loaded.  It
cost $360 with shipping on an Ebay "buy it now".

Runs great.  Much nicer than my iMac, 333Mhz - which I sold for $600
and is being replaced by the SGI.

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick at zill.net