[rescue] Cisco STS-10x Terminal Server Programming

Kris Kirby rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 13 23:06:52 CDT 2001

[resend: not seen]

Hi all,

I've got in my hands an old Cisco (back when they were cicso, har har)
STS-10x Terminal Server. I've done the password recovery routine but
neglected to record the configuration register beforehand. My problem is
that I cannot set the terminal server and then remove power and have it
keep it's settings. Do these little guys always boot from the network, or
can I make it hold the settings itself? (I'd prefer not to boot from the
network if at all possible. Security concerns and the possibility of the
BOOTP host going down.)

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |