[rescue] Flying Pigs - OT WIN2K speed

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 9 21:59:47 CDT 2001

> I mean what's wrong with normal mailbox access?  What functions of your
> job require more than just normal e-mail?

All kinds of shit that everyone from managers to stock room shleps have
gotten used to:
Document Routing
Exchange Forms
Shared Calendering
"sticky" notes
full featured Address Book
physical resource management (like scheduling the use of a company vehicle)
Public Folders
Time tracking
Customer Resource Management
etc
etc
etc

Exchange - despite it's problems, is a capable piece of groupware if used to
it's full potential.  Having used it in the past, I can say that it is an
unstable and piggish piece of software - but it makes a lot of people's
lives easier (or more complicated, depending).

Kurt