[rescue] This Just In:PeeCee rescue

G W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 6 08:44:57 CDT 2001

> I left 10baseT adapters, P75-100 CPUs, and nearly all the cases... just
> didn't care for them... (mostly LPX format, oddly enough)

I've wanted to get an LPX case for some time now, just to see what it looks
like on the inside...

I assume it looks like a Packard Bell inside..?

> Oh, and a rebadged APC 600 VA UPS that appears *dead* - when I plug it in,
> *nothing* happens, and neither the UPS enable nor the on/off soft switch
> have any effect - any ideas?

Yeah, try a fresher battery and see if it comes up.  Iif there is __no__
current coming from the battery, they can behave _very_ strangely or not at
all.  However, the unit may be dead, dead, dead, so I wouldn't buy a new
battery for it just yet... Unless you have other units that take the same
battery or you don't mind blowing $30.00