[rescue] This Just In: HP to buy Compaq

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 5 22:22:32 CDT 2001

A company next to mine just dumped (literally) dozens of PCs today... Most
were P75-P100s, with the odd P66 (!) and one or two P133 or better.

Many were SCSI based, so I snagged a *ton* of Toshiba 2x and 4x CD-ROMs, a
4mm tape drive and about a dozen or more 1 Gig SCSI HDs (Narrow). I also
picked up a few SCSI controllers, a few #9 video cards, and even a 10/100
Intel NIC.

But the real find was a PPro 200 system (SCSI-based) and a Toshiba P133-200
(not sure yet) machine with a TV/FM card and 56K modem. I hope some of them
will work - if the PPro system boots, I will have to transplant it to a new
case (the one it is in was savaged, looking for bit by someone else...

Oh, and I got abou 50 72 pin SIMMs, some parity, some EDO, some unknown -
nearly all are suspected to be of the 8 to 16 meg variety...

I left 10baseT adapters, P75-100 CPUs, and nearly all the cases... just
didn't care for them... (mostly LPX format, oddly enough)

Oh, and a rebadged APC 600 VA UPS that appears *dead* - when I plug it in,
*nothing* happens, and neither the UPS enable nor the on/off soft switch
have any effect - any ideas?

Ken