[rescue] MSFT == a-holes! (please excuse this OT rant)

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 6 01:13:46 CDT 2001

The Jerkwads of Redmond have screwed me over again...

Please allow me this rant:

Customer is running a small e-commerce site.  Since the logins are usually
done over SSH (smart), they would like to have all SMTP and POP3 also
encrypted when they are sending and receiving mail(smart).  They are using
MacOS 9 with Outlook Express - I have the same combo on my desk.

Not a problem, right?  I mean, there it is, right in the dialog box for the
POP3 acct - use SSL.

Set it up, try to get it working, get an error message.  Fix and repeat,
trying different things.

After tearing my hair out, I do a search on google and come up with:

http://www.securenym.net/mac.htm

The bastards.

Microsoft must die.

./patrick