[SunRescue] What to run sol8 on?

Gil Young rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 30 11:44:24 CST 2001

The best deal you will likely find is at http://www.sunsunsun.net

They have sun classics for $99 with 32 meg, CG3 and 540 HD.

The 600MP, 1, 1+, 2, IPC, IPX, ELC, SLC and voyager (or older models) will
not run Solaris 8 according to Sun's webpage.

I have Sol 8 running successfully on a Cycle 5 upgrade board in a SS2 chassis.

For $99, the 32 MB classic makes a nice l33t b0x3n for Solaris 8 tinkering,
you will need a bigger HD, i think for another $40 they will make the HD a
2 gigger.  But I would get an external HD case, an SCA adapter to narrow
and run an external drive to get more storage, will last alot longer than
the old narrow 50 internal drives.

Best wishes,
Gil