[SunRescue] What to run sol8 on?

User Bobkeys BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 30 11:23:01 CST 2001

Back to suntoyz issues....

I need to come up with some sort of lowendian machine to run sol8, sparc
on.

1.  What is the least of the suncritters that will run it?

2.  What is a moderate suncritter that will run it and not break
    the piggy?

Lately, we seem to be getting some Classics, IPX, IPC, SS4, SS5, and
now and then an Ultra 1 type box floating out into the surplus feeding
frenzy pit.  Today was a real feeding frenzy..... the first 10 or so
folks in the door were doing the 100M dash, like you wouldn't believe,
but only to the Pentium junque.... the suntoyz were relatively at an
unhassled feeding level, for a few minutes....

The Classic I was thinking was the bottom of the sol8 capable line.
What about the SS4, SS5 and Ultra1  machines?

Bob