[SunRescue] What to run sol8 on?

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 30 11:27:15 CST 2001

Anything Sun4m or better will run Solaris 8, IIRC. Sun4c was dropped.

An SS/5-85 would make a decent test box (not *too* slow by todays standards), but you would probably want to get an Ultra 1 (or better) for any real use, if you can swing it.

LX, SS4/5, SS10/20, Ultra *anything* will all run it, not sure, but I think the Classic is a Sun4m machine, isn't it?

HTH,

Ken