[SunRescue] Re: Just thought I'd pass this along

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 26 07:00:11 CST 2001

That was a phenomonal sales volume for such a short period - I suspect that
the folks that ordered 10 were on the low-end of the qty. ordered spectrum
(I suspect most buyers bought in lots bigger than 10 ;^).

I was told by HiTechCafe folks that they do not process orders
"automatically" - they are processed by a person during business hours.
Inventory online is decremented as online orders are placed, but the sales
do not occur until a person approves the credit card/PO/whatever.

According to my source, it is possible to "snip" a sold-out product by
calling in when they open up the next morning (7:00 am local time), but, in
this case, the pricing error is no longer available.

That's right, I suspect this was a pricing error, and I would reasonably
expect them to cancel the orders placed last night at the wrong price.

I could understand a sale or "promo," but a greater than 90% discount?

Ken
BTW - my email provider is having serious lag problems, so that when I
questioned the parts being sold out I had no appreciation for the number of
"rescue" lister's that had taken advantage of this opportunity - I certainly
understand how a few hundred pieces of inventory could be reduced by a few
hundred sales :^P