[SunRescue] Re: rescue digest, Vol 1 #1087 - 18 msgs

Chris Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 23 01:49:14 CST 2001

I don't know goose creek symphony, but here's one for you, Wylde Nept

My listening covers everything but country (and even occaisonally that,
especially willie nelson and johnny cash)and most rap or hip-hop. Actually
gimme some old skool NWA, Public Enemy, KRS1, GM Flash and the F5 etc... and
I'm cool though.

What I most want to listen to is anything that took real talent to produce.
Some kind of original inspiration, some spark, some soul, something that
makes you think "there's no way in hell a human being could have done
something like that without the grace of whatever god or gods may be"

Something like getting up on stage in front of 2000 people and making 10
white guys sound like they have soul enough to sing Wicked Wilson Pickett
and the Godfather

Something like the GnR Metallica concert where Axl was so high he couldnt go
on stage so Soundgarden and Metallica both did 3 hour sets including an hour
long jam together rather than let the fans get ripped off

Something like watching Steve Vai and Eric Johnson in the same room trying
out guitars and talking about music

Something like hearing Bachs Minuet 1 in G arranged for four cellos and a
double bass from the front row, and nearly crying

Something like Stevie Ray Vaughn and double trouble with the fabulous
thunderbirds, Charlie Daniels, and 38 special, with less than 1000 people in
the audience, and 105 degree heat about to turn into a massive thunderstorm
just as they head into a set off of Texas flood.

Ok, moving this onto the geek list

Chris Byrne